Blagojevich- Guilty or Not?


                                                                     Rod Blagojevich

I still remember when I covered the legal beat as a correspondent of  the Rod Blagojevich trial in 2010.

After the court hearing, there was a break and most people proceeded to the cafeteria.
I met former disgraced governor Rod Blagojevich in there and noticing me he first folded his hands and said  "Namaste" gracefully, noticing that I was an Indian -and then said that he did nothing wrong. I don't exactly remember the words he spoke, but he shook my hands and told me that he was innocent and that he was being framed.

FBI had found tapes against him incriminating him for selling President Obama's senate seat.

"Hope you come out strong," I said, offering my sympathy.

Lodged in jail, Patty, his wife, also is trying hard to get him pardoned through President Trump.
Known as Lady Macbeth, she was in a way responsible for her husband's rise to the title of  governor as her father was the powerful alderman Richard Mell.


In July 2018, I interviewed J.B. Pritzker before he ran for governor and he said that Blagojevich should "stay where he is" i.e. in prison and complete his term. Pritzker was also involved in the senate seat and there are phone conversations of him discussing the senate seat.

Comments

Popular Posts